I have started importIng some previous games from our club and two players with the same initials have been made into the same person for the stats. How can I fix this please.
Any suggestions @Pat Culpan @Joel Norman ?
note - this is only a problem where the players are from the same club
@Jeremy in summary, you have options:
Get one of the players initials changed in MyCricket so that their displayed name is unique (the best solution) or
Manually edit the scorecard after the import to switch the player over to the correct record noting you have to do this for batting, fielding, FOW, bowling, captains and keepers for that individual or
Temporarily change the "current club" or "alias" for the player you don't want matched to something else before doing the import - this will result in the remaining player being chosen
I know it is not perfect but it is a limitation imposed by the way MyCricket displays scorecards. At least it is still a lot quicker than manually entering every player.
I got around it by changing one of the players initials in MyCricket - obviously not ideal and their mum and dad would probably not be happy but i could never find a way around it. I had a chat to one of them and said do you mind if i change your initials in MyCricket and they were fine with it. Now i have no issue importing and doing any checking.
If playHQ allows you to use the Player ID that will help going forward - much easier trying to match a number than a name. We have an awful lot of players with the name "Smith" in our library and we are only a single club - it doesn't take much for them to then have have similar initials...
Actually- I might have a 3rd option. I will just need to check the code and will get back to you later today.
Update: I have added a third option to the list above. If you are not using an alias to match then you can temporarily change the club of the player you don't want matched before importing. If you are using aliases then you can temporarily remove the alias from the player you don't want matched before importing.
It should then import and match the other, correct player.
Again, not perfect, but probably a lower work solution than having to manually go in and change each name.
And this has also been discussed back in 2020:
That sounds logical and may well be the best option. Thanks Mark.